The PocketMIKE integrated product design combines the instrument and transducer into a single package not much larger than a traditional cabled probe allowing for true single hand operation. Four button operation and Automatic On-Block Probe Zero further support our goal of providing very capable yet simple to use instruments. The high contrast backlit display can be mechanically and electronically rotated for ease of reading in any orientation.
The DM5E family is the first corrosion gauge compliant to EN 15317. It offers significant improvement in performance over previous corrosion thickness gauges in terms of better thickness measurement stability and repeatability.
The NEW DM5 family is the latest generation of portable corrosion monitoring thickness gauges that offers significant improvement in performance over previous corrosion thickness gauges in terms of better thickness measurement stability and repeatability at normal and elevated temperatures. It has been designed for operation in the harshest of working environments, performing wall thickness measurements on pipelines, pressure vessels and storage tanks in the oil and gas industry, as well as the petrochemical and power generation sectors.
There are three versions in the DM5 Family, which offer three levels of functionality:
The DM5E Basic
The rugged housing of the DM5E Basic is common to all versions. It is ergonomically designed with a weight of just 223g, including its AA batteries, which allow up to 60 hours of operation. The basic version is specified to EN 15317 and features an LCD data display, which is backlit to be visible in all lighting conditions. Instrument operation is carried out with one hand via a user-friendly interface. This is a sealed, watertight and dust-proof membrane keypad, which features a minimum of function keys and arrow keys. Navigation through menus is simple and intuitive.
The DM5E with Dual-Multi
The DM5 incorporates all the features of the DM5E Basic but also offers the DUAL MULTI operating mode. This has been used in previous GE corrosion thickness gauges and has proved invaluable in measuring thickness of metal through coatings. There is no need to remove the coating at the measuring point, saving time and money. Users can up-grade from DM5E Basic to DM5E in the field .
The DM5 DL
The DM5 DL is identical to the DM5E DM but features a built-in datalogger supporting grid style data file formats. This is capable of holding up to 50,000 readings. Files can be transferred to a PC by means of a Mini USB Com port. Files can also be imported directly into Microsoft Excel through a macro. All alphanumeric data for filenames and notes is directly entered via the key pad. Both the basic and standard versions are field-upgradeable to become DL versions.
All versions of the DM5E offer a range of measurement displays. These include:
- Normal: the thickness value appears as large digits in the centre of the display.
- MIN Scan: a minimum thickness scan that allows the user to run the probe over the wall surface. After the evaluation period, the minimum material thickness measured is displayed.
- MAX Scan: a maximum thickness scan that is exactly the same as a MIN Scan apart from the fact that the maximum thickness measured is displayed.
- DIFF/RR%: compares the measured thickness with a user-specified nominal thickness. The dimensional difference between the two values is displayed, as is the percentage difference.
- B-Scan: displays a graphic representation of a B-Scan showing minimum thickness values. The graph is derived by measuring and recording at 1 point per second.
A flexible Thickness Gauge that can also become a Flaw Detector…
High measurement stability and reliability resulting from zero crossing measurement technique. Built-in temperature compensation algorithm allows accurate measurement up to 540°C (1000°F).
The new ultrasonic Go platform combines a thickness gauge and a flaw detector in one single lightweight instrument. With fast field software upgradeability, start with a DMS Go and add USM Go flaw detector capabilities as your inspections demand, or buy both initially. The choice is yours!
High Performance Thickness Measurement
- High measurement stability and reliability resulting from zero crossing measurement technique.
- Automatic gain control for excellent repeatability and corrosion monitoring.
- Built-in temperature compensation algorithm allows accurate measurement up to 540°C (1000°F).
- Multiple Calibration and Zeroing modes for repeatable accuracy, including:
1-point calibration with Manual on-block zeroing.
1-point calibration with Autozeroing for every measurement (coupled).
1-point calibration with Userzeroing in the air (uncoupled).
- Multiple measurement modes for every applications including:
- Min / Max
- Support of several standard probes and can support virtually any probe using the custom setup feature.
- Ability to operate in harsh environments with IP67 sealing.
- High Capacity Data Recorder and Compatibility with Powerful Data Management Systems
Upgrade your DMS Go to the USM Go Flaw Detector
TOPCOAT measurement of coatings and wall thickness
The TC560 TOPCOAT probe is unique in the NDT industry. It is comprised of two transmitters and two receiver elements. This determines coating layer and material wall thickness in a single measurement process and is displayed simultaneously on the DMS-Go thickness gage with TopCOAT option. With the TC560 combined with the DMS 2TC, you can forget the time-consuming removal of coatings.
The TC560 TopCOAT probe can also perform accurate measurements using a patented auto velocity design. The Auto-V function supplied with the TopCOAT option (DMS-Go), enables thickness measurements to be made on components with unknown sound velocities without the need of a reference block.
Ultrasonic instrument and probe kit with a simple user interface that allows trained flight line mechanics to trace, map, size and compare the severity of any damage caused by a minor impact to a Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) airframe(ramp damage).
Features and Benefits
Simplified ultrasonic pulse-echo instrument kit for use by personnel with no specialized NDT training, experience or certification to assess the severity of Barely Visible Impact Damage to Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) structures.
Simple “green light (go)” / “red light (no go)” display. Unit memorizes good structure (green LED), then looks for changes (red LED).
Allow local aircraft maintenance staff to determine if aircraft remain airworthy at the ramp.
Dispatch aircraft with the confidence that flight safety is not compromised and avoid unnecessary boarding delays, while waiting for NDT/NDI services.
Help airlines maintain on-time performance while lowering costs by operating modern and efficient composite aircraft.